Smarter Project-Based Work for a More Complex World
As the environment in which we operate grows more volatile and complex, organizations need a new playbook to seize opportunities faster. Projects are rapidly becoming the primary means through which strategy is executed and key work is accomplished. About a fifth of the world’s economic activity a year – $12 trillion – is now organized as projects, and over the next decade, organizations are expected to experience a 68% increase in project work.
Organizations need leaders who can lead more complex projects in this dynamic operating environment. As individual leaders, advancing today requires more than building plans and managing scope and performance – it requires an adaptive mindset and skillset. Leaders of projects at every level must develop an adaptive mindset to guide the organization through today’s increasingly dynamic and complex context. In response to the project revolution, we launched a certificate program in partnership with Strategy Execution (now part of Korn Ferry).
The Adaptive Strategic Execution Program (ASEP) equips project leaders with an adaptive mindset, toolset and skillset to execute strategy in a volatile world. Since the launch of the program in May of 2017, more than 6,500 individuals have taken an ASEP course.
What Makes This Program Different?
- Designed to transform behavior with practical tools
- Superior facilitators and content like real-world case studies
- Prestigious credentials from Duke’s Fuqua School of Business
Who Should Attend
If you are involved in leading projects or functions, then the Adaptive Strategic Execution Program is for you.
The program will equip you with the necessary adaptive leadership skills to succeed in our volatile and complex environment:
- Make sense of the complex context within which strategy must be executed
- Manage stakeholder relationships to ensure successful strategy execution
- Align strategy with work to reduce the strategy execution performance gap
- Apply design thinking to improve the results of strategic initiatives
- Influence work activities to optimize strategy execution
- Deliver optimal business value while executing the strategy
- Build highly-effective, distributed and diverse strategy execution teams
- Drive and influence the change required to execute the strategy
The Adaptive Strategic Execution Program (ASEP) curriculum consists of eight courses, each purposefully designed to extend the mindset, toolset and skillset of project leaders. The program is delivered through flexible formats that increase reach and improve learning and impact. The program can be delivered on site, online or through open enrollment. Through open enrollment, leaders receive certification and build the skills to raise their game and elevate their careers. Companies get a cadre of leaders who are the catalysts to run successful projects and move the organization forward.
To complete the certificate, leaders must take six of eight courses.
Choose and complete four of the six to complete the certificate program.
- Influencing Without Authority
- Building Effective Teams
- Design Thinking for Results
- Managing Critical Relationships
- Delivering Business Value
- Driving and Influencing Change
“I think after this training I will be faster and more effective at identifying change and adapting my team’s work and meeting structure to deal with the situation.”
– Student from Making Sense of Complexity, June 2018
Additional Project Management Certificate Programs with Korn Ferry
Building on the success of the Adaptive Strategic Execution Program, Duke CE has partnered with Korn Ferry, the global authority in project leadership training, to deliver end-to-end certificate programs for project leaders. These certificate programs are designed to build critical skills at every level of project execution. Learners will develop valuable skills, gain professional recognition, increase earning potential, and earn certificates from a world-renowned university.
“We are excited to extend our partnership with Korn Ferry to bring a modern approach to learning, which helps project leaders become more adaptable, gain and retain knowledge, and acquire the skills they need to thrive.” – Michael Chavez, Global Managing Director, Duke CE
- Duke CE Business Analysis Certificate Program
- Duke CE Certificate in Project Management
- Duke CE Certificate in Program Management
- Duke CE Business Skills Certificate Program
- Duke CE Contract Management Certificate Program
- Duke CE Certificate Program in Lean and Agile Project Management
- Duke CE Advanced Federal Project Management Certificate Program
- Duke CE Federal Program Management Certificate Program
- Duke CE Federal Project Management Certificate Program