Prepare for the Management Revolution
SETA Qualification: 60270, NQF Level 5
National Certificate in Generic Management
Now offering face-to-face, online and virtual learning path options
The MLAP programme is designed for junior managers as an entry-level management and leadership intervention.
The programme is designed to enable the participant to thoughtfully spearhead their personal leadership goals, and to address the pivotal growth strategies needed for the organization.
This programme provides individuals with the tools and processes needed to meet their organisation’s leadership challenges.
A person acquiring this qualification will be able to manage first line managers in an organisational entity. First line managers may include team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen.
Matric, NQF Level 4 or equivalent or a minimum of 2 years working experience. If you do not have an NQF 4 qualification or higher, then you may qualify for the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Duration & Modality
Seven modules over twelve months making the learning journey easy for those in employment.
Learners enjoy a blended learning journey through online learning and virtual facilitator interaction through instructor-led focus sessions via the My Duke CE online portal.
Management and Leadership in Action (MLAP) Modules
The programme comprises seven modules:
- Module 1: Leadership in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR)
- Module 2: Future Business Skills for the 4IR
- Module 3: Managing and Leading Teams
- Module 4: Develop Operational Strategies, Projects and Action Plans
- Module 5: Business Financial Analysis
- Module 6: Governance and Risk
- Module 7: Choose 1 of the elective streams.
- Elective Streams:
- Manufacturing Management
- Customer Management
- General Management
- Strategic Management
- Elective Streams:
After completing MLAP Online, you’ll understand and be able to apply these learning outcomes:
- Develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans, and recommend change within teams for enhanced effectiveness.
- Measure team performance and apply continuous improvement interventions in order to attain desired business outcomes.
- Effectively lead a team of first-line managers by leveraging the talents of team members and promoting synergistic interaction between individuals and teams.
- Build relationships using applied communication processes with superiors and stakeholders across the value chain to ensure the achievement of business outcomes.
- Apply the principles of risk, finance, knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks in order to ensure effectiveness and sustainability
- Enhance the development of teams and team members by facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalising on diversity.
Why Duke CE?
- Duke CE has been ranked number 1 in Africa, the USA and Asia for customised Executive Education by the Financial Times.
- Business Week ranked Duke CE number 1 in their biennial survey 6 times in a row.
- SETA accredited, gain BBBEE points, tax rebates and claim SDL.
Duke CE offers both live and self-paced virtual solutions:
- Delivery of a live program virtually with all the participants in a virtual classroom set-up
- Delivery of a self-paced learning programme with pre-recorded sessions with coaching support
What People Say
“MLAP is extremely applicable to my current work experience. MLAP has enabled and enhanced my growth and development.”
Capital Procurement Intern
ArcelorMittal South Africa