New Venture Creation (NVC) Programme
Programme for Emerging Entrepreneurs
SETA Qualification: 66249, NQF Level 4
Available in face to face, live virtual and/or self-paced online formats
This programme aims to develop the entrepreneurial, management and leadership skills of anyone who wants to convert an idea into a new business with strong commercial viability. This programme develops the appropriate skills and knowledge required by a person for the establishment and development of a small to medium new business venture, and addresses the economic, administrative and management and leadership skills that contribute to the success in starting and sustaining the venture.
This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture. Learners attempting this qualification will be equipped with a variety of technical, business managerial and personal skills and strategies to help them succeed in the creation and sustenance of a business. The successful learner will develop a sound foundation for the application of these skills and knowledge to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities.
Learners enrolling for this programme should have Communication at an NQF Level 3 and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3. In the event that the learner possesses a grade 12 or equivalent certificate, the learner will receive credits for the Communication and Mathematical Literacy Modules.
Duration and Modality
- Seven modules over 12 months
- Learners enjoy a blended learning journey through online learning and virtual facilitator interaction through instructor-led focus sessions via the My Duke CE online portal
On successful completion of this programme the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management
The programme includes seven modules as follows:
- Module 1: Principles of Economics for an Emerging Business
- Module 2: Design Thinking for the Establishment of a New Venture in the 4IR
- Module 3: Principles and Techniques to Manage an Emerging Business
- Module 4: Interpersonal Skills for Emerging Entrepreneurs
- Module 5: Leadership and Management Skills for an Emerging Entrepreneur
- Module 6: Communication Skills for an Emerging Entrepreneur
- Module 7: Mathematical Literacy for an Emerging Entrepreneur
Request more information
Interested in learning more about this programme? Contact us using the form below, and we’ll provide more information.