New Venture Creation (NVC) Programme
NQF 4 qualification
The New Venture Creation (NVC) programme is aimed to develop the appropriate skills and knowledge required by a person for the establishment and development of a small to medium business venture, and address the economic, administrative and behavioral barriers that contribute to the success in starting and sustaining the venture.
This programme uses a blended learning approach: self-paced, virtual instructor lead, face-to-face (or a blend of all of these) and includes skills practice through practical application.
This programme is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture. Learners attempting this qualification will be equipped with a variety of technical, business managerial and personal skills. Newly learnt strategies will promote success in the creation and sustenance of a business. The successful learner will develop a sound foundation for the application of these skills and knowledge to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities.
Learners enrolling for the NVC Programme should have communication at an NQF Level 3 and Mathematical
Literacy at NQF Level 3. In the event that the candidate does not meet these requirements then the Recognition
of Prior Learning (RPL) policies will apply.
On successful completion of this programme the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management
Five modules over 12 months
Learners enjoy a blended learning journey through online materials and virtual interaction through instructor-led focus sessions via the My Duke CE online portal. The programme includes five core modules as follows:
- Module 1: Business Ideas and Probability
- Module 2: Business Communication
- Module 3: Business Planning and Teams
- Module 4: Business Negotiations & Management
- Module 5: Business Admin & Finance
Request more information
Interested in learning more about this programme? Contact us using the form below, and we’ll provide more information.