Advanced Certificate in Business Management (ABM)
NQF 6 qualification
The Advanced Certificate in Business Management (ABM) programme is aimed to equip the participants with a broad understanding of business advisory and industry topics. The qualifying learner will gain the skills and attributes to complement the company’s commercial success. The cutting-edge curriculum covers management theories, methodologies and practices to solve complex problems in the business.
ABM provides participants with advanced knowledge, skills and competencies in the key functional areas of management and business within the commercial environment.
This qualification is intended to enhance the provision of service within the Business Advising Industry. This qualification and the assessment criteria and guidelines which accompany them have been designed to ensure that access to NQF registered qualifications in business advising operations is not limited to those who are employed in a business advising function.
It is assumed that participants embarking on qualification are already competent in:
- Being able to communicate verbally and in writing at NQF level 5
- Mathematical and financial literacy at NQF Level 4
- Using a variety of techniques for gathering, ordering, recording and reporting data
- Using best planning practices is further strongly recommended that participants should demonstrate competence in the unit standard, at Level 5, “Present an informed argument on a current issue in a business sector” before attempting this programme.
On successful completion, the qualifying learner would attain the skills and competencies to:
- Understand the art of neuroscience and its relationship to management and leadership
- Employ integrated knowledge to solve complex problems in an organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial accounting within an organisation
- Display an understanding of marketing principles and practices to promote and the organisation
- Demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of ethics and accountibility
- Assess business performance and planning and propose viable solutions for change
The progamme includes 1 customised leadership and 8 core modules together with the learning outcomes as follows:
- Module 1: The Neuroscience of Leadership
- Module 2: 4IR: Strategy Crafting and Execution
- Module 3: Creating and Sustaining Financial Value
- Module 4: Understanding Marketing in the Changing World of Work
- Module 5: Effective Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Module 6: Optimising Business Performance and Planning
- Module 7: Understanding Quality and Resource Management
- Module 8: The Relationship between Company Values and the Ability to Change
- Module 9: Employee Wellness and Compliance
Request more information
Interested in learning more about this programme? Contact us using the form below, and we’ll provide more information.