Building Financial Acumen
1Building Financial Acumen: Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Raise your game. Expand your financial knowledge so you can ask better questions, spot problems, make better decisions, and increase your impact and influence in the organization.
Duke CE has partnered with Professor Joe Perfetti, who has wealth of real world knowledge and industry expertise, to create an online finance program for non-financial managers.
In this course, you will:
- Learn to speak the language of finance
- Identify financial levers and drivers of value to influence your business real-time
- Learn and practice applying key financial concepts and tools such as: Cornerstones of Value Creation, Key Value Drivers, Financial Statement Analysis, Cash Flow Cycle, Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Selling a Business Case, Time Value of Money
The course is composed of 8 modules. Each module includes the following:
- a video that is 5-8 minutes in duration
- supplemental reading when appropriate
- an assessment (or “problem set”) of 5-10 questions
- an application exercise
Participants should expect a time commitment of 60 to 90 minutes per module, or a total time commitment of 8-12 hours.